I love Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon, but it is truly amazing how many times other major life events fall on these two of the years! This year I will be travelling in Japan, so I’m sorry to say that I will not be stopping everything to read for 24 hours this time.
However, I still want to say hello to everyone and join in part of the fun by posting my starting questions.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
To be precise, I am in Aomori chasing cherry blossoms.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Travelling with is Memoirs of Geisha by Arthur Golden
Narrow Road to the Interior by Matsuo Basho
Kafka on the Shore by Murakami
Lonely Planet Japan
DK Japan Eyewitness Travel Guide
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
On of the specialities here is Aomori Ginger-Miso Oden.
Aomori is also the apple capital of Japan and their apple pie is meant to be one of the best ever.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’ve been a blogger for nearly 9 years and an avid reader all my life.
I love to travel and read books about the places I’ve been too as well as the places I hope to go to next.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Obviously my biggest change this readathon is LOCATION!
And the fact that the main things I will be reading today will be travel guides, maps, menus and street signs.
If you’d like to see some of my Japan pics, check out my Insta page brona68.
Hopefully I’ll have some time to check twitter to see how everyone is going as the day progresses.
Until then, happy reading!