It’s that time of the year again, when we share 20 books we hope/plan/wish to read over the next three months. Cathy @746 Books is our wonderful host, with the most relaxed house rules you can possibly imagine.
We all know that much of the pleasure contained in this meme is the compiling of the list.
I’ve had a lovely weekend perusing and rearranging my TBR stacks, searching out the slim books, the books that fit upcoming readalongs and the books I really want to read sooner rather than later.
We all know that I will fail.
I WILL read 20 books over the next three months, but will it be this 20? Probably not.
However, to make it more likely that I will read to the list, I have collated it by author this year. A number of authors have a number of books on my TBR stacks – for instance, I have at least 10 Maigret’s waiting to be read. This way I’m not tied down to specific books, but can read the one that best suits my mood at the time.
My 20 Books of Winter:
- Jhumpa Lahiri – Whereabouts (reading)
- Robert Seethaler – The Field | A Whole Life
- Shirley Hazzard – Collected Stories
- Kim Scott – Benang (reading)
- Heather Rose – The Butterfly Man
- Stan Grant – With the Falling of the Dusk | Talking to My Country | Australia Day
- Maki Kashimada – Touring the land of the Dead
- Georges Simenon – Maigret and the headless Corpse | Maigret Sets a Trap | Maigret Goes to School
- Larissa Behrendt – After Story | Home
- Patrick O’Brian – Post Captain
- Anne Tyler – Ladder of Years
- Victor Hugo – Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Kathleen MacMahon – Nothing But Blue Sky
- Charles Dickens – David Copperfield
- Sujata Massey – The Satapur Moonstone | The Bombay Prince
- Mihail Sebastian – Women
- Banana Yoshimoto – Moshi Moshi
- Julian Barnes – Staring at the Sun | Levels of Life
- Delphine de Vigan – Nothing Holds back the Night
- Steven Conte – The Tolstoy Estate
- Common Ground – Naomi Ishiguro
- Angela Thirkell – Wild Strawberries
Have you read any of the books on my list?
Which ones should I prioritise?