- Same as last week, except I am now double vaxxed!
What I’m Reading:
- Mrs Marsh | Virginia Feito
- Bewilderment | Richard Powers
- The Bombay Prince | Sujata Massey (book 3 in the Perveen Mistry series)
- Meditations | Marcus Aurelius (translator Gregory Hays)
- Committed Writings | Albert Camus (translator Justin O’Brien)
- The Countess From Kirribilli | Joyce Morgan (bio)
- Julia and the Shark | Kiran Millwood Hargrave (middle grade)
Read But Not Reviewed:
- Scary Monsters | Michelle de Kretser
- The Magician | Colm Tóibín
- Flowers For Algernon | Daniel Keyes (short story)
- Two Stories | Leonard & Virginia Woolf
- Fire Front: First Nations Poetry and Power Today | edited by Alison Whittaker
- Mr Books birthday this week.
- 10 years of the Stella Prize – a free zoom event – book here – and check out their new look at the same time.
- Yet another family gathering for another family birthday…
New to the Pile:
On the Blog:
- I’ve started using the ‘edit in HTML’ option to help me tidy up old pages and old posts.
- It can be somewhat time-consuming, but it fixes the glitches properly.
- It allows me to feel like I’m back on Blogger, playing with basic coding (that’s a good thing by the way! And one of the reasons why I was so reluctant to make the change – I love being able to tweak the coding.)
- As I get more confident with this option, I hope to explore what else I can edit/recode.
- For instance, my old A-Z of book titles from my Blogger blog – I have cleared it of all the old invalid links.
- As I wordpress-ise (thank you Sue for this very useful word) old posts I will add the link to their new URL here.
- In the meantime, posts older than Jan 2021 can be found by using the SEARCH box.
- I have found it much easier to convert these older posts from classic view to the new block editor, as I now find the classic view very clunky to use, especially having to scroll to the top of the page to find the options bar every time I want to adjust formatting, add links etc.
- Having it sit just above the block I’m working on is far more convenient and practical.
- I’m thinking of turning my many posts about moving from Blogger to WP as well as how to use block editor into more user-friendly pages accessible from the menu tab.
- My very own AusReading Month 2021 is coming up in November
- Novellas in November 2021 with Cathy & Rebecca is also in November. Combine the two for hours of family fun!
Until next time, stay safe, and happy reading!
- This post was written on the traditional land of the Wangal clan, one of the 29 clans of the Eora Nation within the Sydney basin.