It’s that time of year again. Just as the winter blues are kicking in, Tamara @Thyme For Tea comes along with her delightful and charming Paris in July to remind us all of better days.
July has become a time of Maigret’s, rewatching Julie and Julia and Midnight in Paris and inflicting some experimental French cooking on my family.
This year I have a few more Maigret’s up my sleeve and a Delphine de Vigan to look forward to.
- Maigret and the Headless Corpse | Georges Simenon
- Maigret in Court | Georges Simenon
- Maigret and the Tramp | Georges Simenon
- Maigret and the Minister | Georges Simenon
- Maigret Goes to School | Georges Simenon
- Maigret and the Saturday Caller | Georges Simenon
- Maigret Sets a Trap | Georges Simenon
- Maigret’s Failure | Georges Simenon
- Nothing Holds Back the Night | Delphine de Vigan
In the kitchen, I’m hoping to master my new-found Quiche Lorraine recipe. I may also try a Tartiflette.
It has been five years since I last tried a French Onion Soup; I may be ready to try another version that is less rich. To hand I have the Art of French Cuisine, Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking Volume One and Rachel Khoo’s The Little Paris Kitchen for inspiration.
Last year, I took us on a keyboard visit to Shakespeare and Company...I wonder where my wandering keyboard will end up this year?
D’accord, c’est tout pour
What will you be reading/eating/watching/listening/exploring this Paris in July?
(I spotted the badge above on another blogger’s post last month, but cannot remember who. Please let me know so I can attribute the image appropriately)