February will be the beginning of my Wolf Hall Trilogy Readalong. If you’d like to join in, here are some of the why, when and how details.
The Hilary Mantel Wolf Hall Readalong: Feb – May 2021
- I first read Wolf Hall in 2011 and Bring Up the Bodies in 2012.
- It is now nine years since I read them.
- Before reading the final instalment, I want to revisit the first two, to refresh my memory and to see if I still love them as much as I did the first time and to get back into the groove of Mantel’s writing style.
- I have waited until now for the paperback edition of The Mirror and the Light to be published (due 5th March 2021).
- I would be delighted if anyone would like to join me on this journey back in time to Tudor England.
- February – Wolf Hall (reread)
- March – Bring Up the Bodies (reread)
- May – The Mirror and the Light
- I have given myself an April interlude in case I fall behind for any reason. I don’t want to feel stressed or pushed for time.
- I want to enjoy a slow, leisurely read of all three books as well as be able to read other things around them.
- I’d like to research some of the history I am hazy about as I go along (I’m hoping to have a special helper for some of this).
- If you’d like to join me, feel free to read as fast, or as slow, as you like.
- Join in by simply letting me know in the comments if you are interested and/or link your sign up post back here.
- See you on the 1st February!