- An ordinary few days as my hayfever symptoms ramp up another notch.
- Enjoying our mini-wine bottle Advent calendar – a lot!
- Restacked my TBR piles into a semblance of order and jettisoned a few old ones I will never read now.
I Am Reading:
- The Living Sea of Waking Dreams | Richard Flanagan | 65% done
- My Love Must Wait | Ernestine Hill | introduction read
- Dearly | Margaret Atwood | 41% done
- Throat | Ellen van Neervan | 75% done
- How We Live Now: Scenes from the Pandemic | Bill Hayes | 34% done
- The Salt Path | Raynor Winn | 46 % done
- War and Peace | Leo Tolstoy | 87% done
Read But Not Reviewed
- Life After Truth | Ceridwen Dovey
- Homeland Calling | edited by Ellen van Neervan
New To the Pile:
- A Cheesemonger’s History of the British Isles | Ned Palmer
- Women | Mihail Sebastian
- To Calais, In Ordinary Time | James Meek
- The Decameron Project: 29 Stories from the Pandemic | The New York Times
- Yolk | Mary H K Choi
- A House For Mr Biswas | V S Naipaul
- Klara and the Sun | Kazuo Ishiguro (with HUGE thanks to my wonderful A&U rep!)
On My Radar:
- The best of 2020 posts.
- I look forward to Kate’s always impressive compilation of all these best of lists later on this month.
- Her 2019 Big List (I only read nine of the books that made up these lists, four of which made my own top 19 of 2019. A couple will also make it onto my 2020 best of list.)
- A Covid Chronicles update coming soon.
- Nick @One Catholic Life’s surprise big announcement for 2021….what will it be?
- OMG! It was this!
- But how will I fit this into my schedule?
- One of my all-time favourite series, read before I started blogging.
- I’d LOVE to reread them all again (even the one or two duds) just to be back in Aubrey and Stephen’s world…
- And so I can blog about each one as well.
- Oh, what to do!