Welcome to AusReading Month 2020!
1. Celebration is all about what you’ve read this year.
- Simply list, collage and/or discuss the Australian books you’ve read since last AusReading Month.
- Tell us who you are and where you are in the world.
- What were your favourites Australian books or authors this past year?
- Did you favour a certain genre or author this year?
- Which ones do you recommend?
2. The second part is all about the Anticipation.
- What do you hope/plan to read for AusReadingMonth 2020 and into the following year.
- What’s lurking on your TBR pile?
- How do you find out about Australian books?
- Which new releases have caught your eye?
- This is your chance to shout-out your favourite book event, bookshop, or blogger that features Australian books. You can also promote a publisher or author website that has caught your eye this year.
- During this ‘unprecedented’ year, our usual way of hearing about new books by attending events at our favourite bookshops or literary festivals has changed. How have you found out about new online book events featuring Australian authors and books?
- Which ones stood out?
You can create three separate weekly posts during November – Celebration, Anticipation and Promotion – or you can combine them all into one. Whichever works best for you.
4. AusReading Month Bingo.
- Pick as many books as you like, or just one, to see you on your way.
- Your book can be set in the state of your choice, or the author can hail from the state of your choice.
- All book types are acceptable – novels, non-fiction, graphic novels, children’s books, travel books, cook books, poetry, gardening books, art and design.
- Simply blog about it and match it to a square on the Bingo card.
- Retrospective Bingo posts are most welcome.
- If time is of the essence, one book from the BINGO card may be the prefect option for you.
- A quick getaway is better than none!
- With their compact swags, backpackers need to travel light.
- If this is you, simply select one line (horizontal, vertical of even diagonal) on the BINGO card and read three books about Australia.
- If you have more time up your sleeve, then join the grey nomads in their self-contained campervans and travel around this big, brown land of ours.
- With every crossroad on the map, there’s a choice to be made; you cannot do it all, so select two lines on the BINGO card to be eligible for Grey Nomad status.
- If you’re feeling a little touched by the sun, then the Whole Hog may be for you.
- Read NINE books this November from all of the 8 states and territories plus one freebie.
- The FREEBIE can be any book by an Australian author or a book written by an overseas author but set entirely in Australia.
Use the Linky below to add any reviews or joining in posts.