Back in 2013, I was struck by a desire to celebrate and promote Australian literature. I chose the month of November to coincide with Triple J’s annual AusMusic Month.
Now in it’s 8th year, AusReading Month has grown from a few bloggers sharing their latest Aussie book reviews to include a host of bloggers around the world sharing their year-long love of Australian literature.
From the beginning we have trialled various Q&A options. The most popular ones were those that allowed us to make lists. A couple of years ago a book Bingo option made its way into the mix for those who like to play and make lists set around a theme.
This year we also have three new ways for you to make lists and talk about Australian books.
- Celebration is all about what you’ve read this year.
- Simply list, collage and/or discuss the Australian books you’ve read since last AusReading Month. What were your favourites? Which ones can you recommend? Did you favour a certain genre or author this year?
- What do you hope/plan to read for AusReadingMonth 2020 and into the following year. What’s lurking on your TBR pile? How do you find out about Australian books? Which new releases have caught your eye?
- This is your chance to shout-out your favourite book event, bookshop, or blogger that features Australian books. You can also promote a publisher or author website that has caught your eye this year.
- During this ‘unprecedented’ year, our usual way of hearing about new books by attending events at our favourite bookshops or literary festivals has changed. How have you found out about new online book events featuring Australian authors and books?
You can create three separate posts during November – Celebration, Anticipation and Promotion – or you can combine them all into one. Whatever works best for you.
The idea is to get excited about our Australian stories and share them.
I will include a linky with the Master Post on the 1st November where all our responses and reviews can be collected in one place.
Until then, I hope you like the new badge I’ve created for this year.
Please share on social media and spread the AusReading Month love.