Rule 12: The bathroom is not a library, there are far more pleasant, not to mention less smelly, places to read your book. Don’t linger in there, get in get out.
Rule 26: Cushions are not spiritual advisors.
Rule 260: Decide on your tattoo. Then wait a year.
Rule 386: Don’t call it a wedding invite. It’s an invitation. You invite people to your wedding with an invitation.
I have had the pleasure of seeing Kitty perform live a couple of times. I also enjoy her various appearances on TV shows and televised comedy festivals. She’s my kind of funny. I feel like I know her. I certainly know her voice, her inflections and tone. As a read her 488 rules, I could hear her in my head. That’s a good thing, by the way. It added to the funny.
488 Rules id highly recommended during these strange times when a good laugh can make all the difference.
- Published by Allen & Unwin 2019
- Cover design and illustrations | Tohby Riddle
- Her dad is John Flanagan, the children’s writer of The Ranger’s Apprentice series.
- The book started as a joke inspired by Jordan Peterson’s book 12 Rules for Life. Obviously 12 were never going to be enough in Kitty’s world!
- Kitty has one of the most comprehensive wikipedia bio’s I’ve ever read!
- Obviously a favourite.
- If you haven’t seen her performances in Utopia yet, then make it your mission for the rest of this lockdown period, to binge watch this funny/not funny/too close to real life Working Dog series.
Rule 404: Don’t get a photo taken with Santa unless you’re a child.