I Am Reading:
- Moby-Dick | Herman Melville | #slowread
- War and Peace | Leo Tolstoy | chapter-a-day
- The Rotters’ Club | Jonathan Coe
- Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat | Samin Nosrat
- The Gravity of Us | Phil Stamper | my YA lunch time read.
New to the Pile:
- Here Until August | Josephine Rowe | Stella Prize longlist 2020
- The Eighth Life | Nino Haratischvili
- Fire Country | Victor Steffensen
- The Dictionary of Lost Words | Pip Williams | ARC | April release | Affirm Press
- The Animals in that Country | Laura Jean McKay | ARC | April release | Scribe Publications
On My Radar:
- One Hundred Years of Solitude readalong with Silvia & Ruth starts on 6th March.
- This will be a reread for me.
- I first read it in 1996.
- My Penguin edition is translated by Gregory Rabassa.
- Silvia has written a fabulous introductory post, complete with schedule & notes on the names, symbolism and magic realism.
- Paula @Book Jotter hosts the marvellous Dewithon every March.
- It’s a great chance to read books set in Wales or by Welsh authors.
- I’m planning to read Under Milkwood by Dylan Thomas if I can find where Mr Books has ‘shelved’ it.
- When trying to find my Penguin cover for the upcoming One Hundred Years of Solitude Read Along, I discovered an array of gorgeous cover choices.
- Which one do you prefer?
- I’m rather partial to the lush green garden, but the moustache on that skeleton also amuses me.
Keeping An Eye On:
- The Stella Prize 2020 Longlist
- My money is on The Yield | Tara June Winch
- I’ve also read There Was Still Love | Favel Parrett
- I hope to read the Josephine Rowe (see above), Song Spirals & The House of Youssef.
- The Women’s Prize longlist will be announced on the 3rd March.
- I’ve now read 14 of the International Dublin Literary Award 2020 VERY LONG longlist.
- I will read at least one more | Where the Crawdads Sing | my March book group book.
- Curious to see which ones will get shortlisted on the 2nd April.
- Waiting with baited breath to see who will appear on this year’s Sydney Writer’s Festival program.