I’m so busy, with so many different things at the moment, that I’m simply going to jump straight into this challenge. I’ll save the friendly chit-chat for the comments I expect to make as I travel around all the other participants posts.
Week 1: (Oct. 28 to Nov. 1) – Your Year in Nonfiction (Julz of Julz Reads):
Take a look back at your year of nonfiction and reflect on the following questions –
(1) What was your favourite nonfiction read of the year?
- To start with I will list my non-fiction reads over the past 12 months by genre.
- Favourites will be highlighted.
(2) Do you have a particular topic you’ve been attracted to more this year?
- I can see that memoir/biography has stayed my favourite form of non-fiction (no surprises there!)
- The pleasant addition this year has been an increase in the use of and interest in cooking interesting things again now that B22 and B19 have moved out of home (we love them heaps but it’s lovely just being two grown ups, eating grown up food again).
- I’m also enjoying the gorgeousness of coffee table books more.
(3) What nonfiction book have you recommended the most this year?
- Any Ordinary Day
- Mirka & Georges
(4) What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?
- to show off the wonderful Australian non-fiction books I’ve read this year.
- to finish the three (Australian) non-fiction titles half-read by my bed.
- to find the next must-read bio/memoir.
- I’m also keen to hear about more graphic non-fiction & finally read my copy of Andrea Wulf & Lillian Melcher’s illustrated The Adventures of Alexander Humboldt.