And that I have participated in ALL 21.
Now that we have come of age, I’m going to mix this spin up a little.
So, I’ve decided to make this particular Spin help me with my plans for #AusReadingMonth in November instead.
I have a whole stack of classic Australian stories saved on my iPad. Most are now out of print and/or unavailable to purchase elsewhere. I prefer to read real books, but I make an exception for classics when I cannot source the real thing. Not all of the books below are on my Spin List: Take 2, but they are on Spin List: The Rest, so it’s only a little cheat.
If you’re thinking of joining in #AusReadingMonth and wondering what to read, you can find all of these books on either Project Gutenberg or Project Gutenberg Australia.
Welcome to my ALL Australian CC Spin!
- The Penance of Portia James by Tasma
- 1788 by Watkin Tench
- Down in the World by Mary Gaunt
- Coonaroo by Katharine Susannah Prichard
- The Wonder Child: An Australian Story by Ethel Turner
- Mr Hogarth’s Will by Catherine Helen Spence
- An Australian Lassie by Lilian Turner
- An Australian Girl by Catherine Martin
- The Cardboard Crown by Martin Boyd
- A Humble Enterprise by Ada Cambridge
- A Little Bush Maid by Mary Grant Bruce
- We of the Never-Never by Jeannie Gunn
- The Romance of a Station by Rosa Praed
- The Pioneers by Katharine Susannah Prichard
- Uncle Piper of Piper’s Hill by Tasma
- The Retrospect by Ada Cambridge
- A Woman’s Experiences in the Great War by Louise Mack
- Maurice Guest by Henry Handel Richardson
- The Perversity of Human Nature by Ada Cambridge
- On the Wallaby Through Victoria by Elinor Mordaunt