2. The Children’s Book by A S Byatt
3. The Secret History by Donna Tartt (review here for all three)
A thank you and shout-out is not really enough recognition to Fanda for getting me started on the whole Zola thing.
Between Fanda and O @Behold the Stars‘s enthusiasm for all things Zola I now have years worth of incredible reading experiences ahead of me.
Melissa’s rave review made me pick up Big Little Lies one rainy weekend. I was hooked.
6. Nothing Holds Back the Night by Delphine de Vigan thanks to Nancy @Ipsofactdotme. This is one is still sitting on the TBR pile tempting me each time I finish a book.
7. Thomas @My Porch gave me Excellent Women by Barbara Pym during Pym Reading Week a couple of years ago.
8. It by Stephen King thanks to a young Mr Books. Nearly 30 years later and we still both love Stephen King (although I’m a bit pickier about which ones I will read).
9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte thanks to my mum.
10. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen thanks to Mr Geerlings, my Yr 12 English teacher – I am forever in your debt.